GDT: 2019-20 GM#13 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 10/30/19

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by kingsboy11, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Ollie Weeks

Ollie Weeks First In, Last Out

At least that quote is accurate lol

Raccoon Jesus likes this.
  2. Axl Rhoadz

Axl Rhoadz Registered User

Trash, why? Cause it makes Doughty look like an idiot?

DD says some pretty stupid **** sometimes, and sometimes it bites him in the ass....this would be one of those.

The Butcher and Rumpelstiltskin like this.
  3. Fifth Marauder

Fifth Marauder Steve "The hair" Harrington

LMAO! Did no one tell them it was taken out of context??

[​IMG]

4. SettlementRichie10

SettlementRichie10 Registered User

The sooner this franchise parts with Doughty the better. He’s not doing this team any good anymore. I understand that’s controversial, but I just don’t like what Doughty has morphed into at this stage of his career. If the Kings were still contending, it would be great. But they’re not. They’re a fragile team in the middle of a rebuild, and Doughty is not the kind of veteran presence you want mentoring young prospects.

Plus, he can be sold for an absolute goldmine. I wish Blake had the balls to trade him.

Sausages, Schmooley and Ollie Weeks like this.
  5. Axl Rhoadz

Can't say I disagree, but would hate to see him go. Norris-caliber dmen don't come around often...

I do believe though that most of you who think that Blake just doesn't have the 'balls' to do a trade like this, I think you forget that the franchise still needs to sell tickets and you aren't going to be selling many tickets if you trade away the fan favorites...despite the goldmine that could be acquired.

Rumpelstiltskin and tny760 like this.
  6. tny760

tny760 Registered User

that would absolutely nuke ticket sales

i've seen it a million times here as a padres fan in san diego, every homegrown talent gets shipped off and i have absolutely ZERO interest in going to a game

7. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

Trash because someONE from the media misrepresented a quote, and the team is following rank and file to it.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Registered User

It's not just present value either. LA is not a destination most players consider because of the travel. It's so much easier on the East Coast, you can sleep in your own bed most nights. The main thing I hear from the UFA's that do sign here is that the team has tremendous facilities and takes care of the players like no other. Signing guys long term and then trading them potentially damages that perception. It's a little thing but I can guarantee DL's loyalty spiel had a lot to do with Scuderi and Mitchell coming here. It's not like they didn't have options, and the Kings already have to shell out a bit more to convince players to come here.

I think this type of good karma is one reason the Kings always seem to accommodate guys when it's not working out for them. A good reputation in that area is a must if you want to have any chance at all of signing a guy when that rare good fit comes along. The Kings will do what they have to when the situation justifies it, but the only justification in trading Doughty and/or Kopitar would be about how much they make, and the team is the one that signed on for that.

9. Choralone

Choralone Registered User

Doughty on the Vancouver Canucks: "They succeed."
    Per Van writer, fans, and team. Doughty said,"They suc"

Raccoon Jesus and Fishhead like this.
  10. tomd

tomd Registered User

Home Page:
    He has a NMC thru 22-23 and a 7 team trade list after that.

11. Axl Rhoadz

Misrepresented how? Doughty wasn’t implying that his team shouldn’t have been streamrolled by a team ‘like that’ as in his team is much better? How else would you like to spin it?

12. DoktorJeep

DoktorJeep Bring on the Re-Stockpile!

He’s referring to the score, not the opponent. I can see how it could be read more than one way.

13. redcard

redcard System Poster

The difference between Vancouver and LA shouldn't be 6 goals. They aren't 6 goals better than us. They shouldn't beat us by 6 goals. Its not an outrageous statement.

At no point did Doughty say his team is any better than Vancouver. That's misrepresentation.

14. Axl Rhoadz

I think he was talking about a combination of both, dude. Regardless, he should have kept comments about the opponent out of it and stuck to the embarrassment of the score. Don't act like Doughty has never put his foot in his mouth....

15. Axl Rhoadz

Just like he didn't say that he's a better player than Tkachuk? Who says that ****??

C'mon guys, I'm not a Doughty basher...I love the guy and hope he never changes....but he's a loose cannon with his words. Why are we even debating this?

The Butcher likes this.
  16. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

Because the person who reported the quote was called out by other reporters for taking the quote out of context. And Vancouver fans also said the guy is garbage.

17. redcard

redcard System Poster

Nobody's debating whether or not Doughty's a loose cannon with his words. Nobody disagrees that Doughty likes to talk.

The topic of discussion is that his comments regarding the 8-2 blowout were misrepresented. A team like that (Vancouver) shouldn't be beating us like that (8-2). Vancouver shouldn't be beating us 8-2. Somehow Vancouver was so insulted by Doughty's assertion that they aren't 6 goals better than us that they made and are selling t-shirts out of it. That's what everyone around here finds amusing.

18. redcard

redcard System Poster

Careful now Ziggy, or they'll make a "fickle bunch" t-shirt as well.

19. Axl Rhoadz

So what do you think he was inferring by saying 'like that'? What is like that? Like what...a fellow NHL team? LOL, no ****ing way....he was implying that VAN is basically not a good team and LA shouldn't be beaten by a 'bad team'....he said what he said, now he's gotta eat crow.

20. Chazz Reinhold

Chazz Reinhold Registered User

I think it's relatively apparent that he was saying the Kings should not have lost that badly ("like that").

I would bet anyone anything he feels like they shouldn't be losing to *any* team like that (8-2).

21. redcard

redcard System Poster

No he's not. There's a massive amount of real estate between 6 goals better than us and "basically not a good team." He's setting the line at "not 6 goals better" and you're going all the way down to "basically not a good team." That's your inference, not his.

They just beat us 5-3. Did Doughty whine about it? No. Because a team like that probably should be beating us like that.

Raccoon Jesus and Chazz Reinhold like this.
  22. Sausages

Sausages Registered User

BLASPHEMY!

(You're right. By the time the Kings are relevant again the talent exchange would probably have been more beneficial to the team. If he would waive his NMC let him go and take the haul while you can).

23. Jason Squirties

Jason Squirties Registered User

Ahahahahaha

24. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Master Debater Sponsor

Now Canucks players are dropping like flies against the Ducks. Guess they’ll have to delay their Cup parade now. But at least they have stupid shirts to rally around!

crassbonanza likes this.
  25. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Master Debater Sponsor

Looks like we’ve hurt the feelings of some Canucks fans. Better be careful what you write, or they’ll start rioting again.

crassbonanza likes this.