2019 Rate My Team Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by rangerssharks414, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Bogart

Bogart Here's looking at you, kid

Standard Yahoo league. What do you think?(149)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco I don't really know why I'm here anymore.

Therapist
    10-team
    0.5 PPR
    2 QBs start

2 player keeper league. Keeper rules: Player must have been drafted and kept all season to keep for next season. Owner forfeits previous round draft pick from draft position prior year.

I had the 2nd Overall pick and took Hopkins.

QB
    Aaron Rodgers
    Kyler Murray

WR
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Mike Evans

RB
    Alvin Kamara (K- 12th Round)
    Marlon Mack (K - 14th Round)

Flex (TE Eligible)
    Derick Henry

TE
    Jared Cook

Kicker
    Greg Zurlein

D/ST
    LA Rams

Bench
    Christian Kirk
    Tony Pollard
    Mark Andrews
    M. Valdes-Scantling
    N. Agholor
    Jalen Hurd

Personally, I think my team is pretty well stacked and is in a pretty good position heading into week 1. The Keeper system that we have has really created some stacked teams in my league, it's going to be a fun season.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  3. glasgow26

glasgow26 Registered User

12 teams, PPR, start 3 WR, 2 flex positions, no K or DST. First year of a keeper league.

I picked 5th - and worth noting that this was before Zeke signed his new contract. Took Hopkins with that pick.

QB:
    Lamar Jackson
    Jameis Winston

RB:
    Dalvin Cook
    Derrick Henry
    Marlon Mack
    Rashad Penny
    Giovani Bernard
    Kalen Ballage

WR:
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Stefon Diggs
    Allen Robinson
    Marvin Jones
    Donte Moncrief
    Marquise Goodwin

TE:
    Hunter Henry

tacogeoff likes this.
  4. stempniaksen

stempniaksen Registered User

14 team / Standard / 2WR-2RB-1FLEX

QB: Josh Allen
    WR: Julian Edelman
    WR: Mike Williams
    WR: Robby Anderson
    WR: Calvin Ridley
    WR: James Washington
    RB: James Connor
    RB: Aaron Jones
    RB: Peyton Barber
    RB: Justice Hill
    RB: Jaylen Samuels
    TE: George Kittle
    TE: Mark Andrews
    K: Jason Myers
    DEF: Eagles

Was already unhappy with my RB situation and then Jones puts up an absolute stinker. It's obviously too early to tilt on him, but I'd feel a heck of a better with a reliable RB3 on the roster. A 14 team draft is hard enough, let alone in a home league where 18 QB's went in the first 8 rounds :laugh:

5. La Cosa Nostra

La Cosa Nostra Caporegime

Last draft of the year. 10 team PPR, 5 point for pass tds, 5 point bonus for 100 yd rush and receive and 5 point bonus for 300 yard pass. Had the 1st pick. Wanted to switch my teams up and since I have Saquon in my main keeper league I figured I would take Zeke. I have Zeke and Saquon as 1A and 1B in my rankings.

QB Patrick Mahomes
    QB Ben Roethlisberger
    RB Ezekiel Elliott
    RB James White
    RB Marlon Mack
    RB Derrius Guice
    RB LeSean McCoy
    WR Mike Evans
    WR Robert Woods
    WR Chris Godwin
    WR Sammy Watkins
    WR Curtis Samuel
    TE Austin Hooper
    TE Greg Olsen
    K Robbie Gould
    D Broncos

I hate picking 1st. I would actually prefer picking 3rd or 4th. I have the big 4 (Barkley, Zeke, McCaffrey and Kamara) all being real close to each other. So close that I would rather pick 4th and get Mccaffery or Kamara and then pick 17th for my second pick then take Barkley or Zeke and pick 20th. Especially because I think there is a huge drop off after the 17th-18th pick. I have 18 players rated as studs.

Mahomes
    Barkley
    Elliott
    Kamara
    McCaffrey
    Bell
    Johnson
    Gurley
    Hopkins
    Adams
    Thomas
    Beckham
    Conner
    Hill
    Smith-Schuster
    Evans
    Jones
    Kelce

Those are the players I would designate as "stud" fantasy players. After these guys I think there is a significant drop off to guys like Chubb, Fournette, Cook, Mixon, Carson, Allen etc.

Hell, I honestly like my 12 team league draft better. But that is also a little unfair since it is a keeper league and in a 12 team league it is virtually impossible to have Saquon Barkley and Leveon Bell on the same team unless its a keeper. Bell is my RB5 who has the potential to be the RB1A/B/C with Saquon and Zeke. I mean if Bell returns to 2014-2017 form he is potentially the #1 fantasy player period. 2100 total yards, 85 catches and 10-12 TDs is a conservative estimate if he is even at 85-90% of his old self.

Getting 2 of the top 8 stud RBs is almost impossible in most leagues due to the RB premium. In the 10 teamer 10 of the first 11 picks were RBs (!) even though its PPR. Considering only 6 backs last year got 250+ carries and with so many teams going with a full on RBBC getting 1 RB who will get 225+ carries let alone 2 is almost impossible. I feel getting 2 stud RBs who will also get 65+ receptions is the best way to go if possible. In my other keeper league when my first round pick came up even though I already had Barkley it wasn't a tough choice to take Bell over Hill/Julio/Beckham/Adams. I would rather have Barkley/Bell/Hilton over Barkley/Adams/Aaron Jones. Even though he hasn't played since 2017, Le'Veon Bell was by far the most complete fantasy player throughout his career. There are literally only a couple RBs capable of 2000+ total yards and 75+ catches. Barkley, Bell, Kamara, McCaffrey, Elliott and Conner.David Johnson too but is too injury prone/inconsistent. Gurleys knee scares me. 9 RBs last year got 1000 yards rushing and 3 of them (AP, Carson and Henry) don't catch the ball. I do like Carson though as a potential workhorse RB. He may not catch it but I can see him leading the league in attempts this year.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  6. sabresEH

sabresEH Registered User

Hockey Shop employee
    Definitely take a look at Devin Singletary if he's available on the waiver wire. 4 rushes for 70 yards. I can only imagine his touch totals will go up next week.

7. Voight

Voight #winning

Forgot to post this last week

QB - Jared Goff
    WR - Mike Evans, Tyreke Hill, DeSean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Albert Wilson
    RB - David Johnson, Marlon Mack, James White, Kenyan Drake
    TE - Hunter Henry, Greg Olsen
    K - Will Lutz
    DEF - Patriots

QB/2 WR/2 RB/TE/FLEX, standard scoring.

Put in a waiver claim for Dak, dropping Wilson. Gotta pick up a WR for Hill.

8. stempniaksen

stempniaksen Registered User

He's long gone, lol. We drafted after McCoy was cut so he went quite early (7th or 8th round).

Best of what's available: Malcom Brown, Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Dontrell Hilliard, Rex Burkehead, Darren Sproles...

Clearly pretty barren on the wire, so I'm all in on trying to get Brown.

9. spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle Hello, Jose!

Wilson
    McCaffrey/Duke/Mack
    Ridley/Boyd
    Kelce
    Gostkowski
    Seahawks

....got me the 15th best week in the league since 2009. :)

10. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Ask me about my vomit bowl

here's my 0-4 team right now:

Rivers-Goff
    Kamara-Chubb-Ingram-J. Howard
    M. Thomas-Edelman-Shepard-Metcalf-Beasley
    Ertz-Cook
    Lutz-Crosby
    Cowboys-Packers

Everybody was basically conceding the championship to me after the draft. Sometimes you just can't do anything but laugh. Last year I got to the championship game with a laughable roster so I guess it all evens out.

11. mouser

mouser Business of Hockey

Off to a 4-0 start with this team.

QB: Mahomes, Cousins
    RB: Conner, Damien Williams, Gordon, Howard, Thompson
    WR: Lockett, Kupp, Moore, Allison, Sanu, Higgins
    TE: Hooper
    K: Tucker
    D: streaming

QB: Home run pick to no surprise with Mahomes. Cousins has been even less then projected.
    RB: Been hurting here a little with Williams injured+McCoy and Pitt losing Ben. Looks like the Pitt offense looks solid for Conner with more running and TD opportunities. Howard stepped up big last week as a sub with 3TD. I expect Gordon to be back to his #1 RB self in a week or two, so should be okay going forward. Thompson gets cut when I need a FA pickup.
    WR: Solid picks in Lockett and Kupp both projecting 100+ catches and 8+ TDs. Moore looked really solid before Newton got hurt. Allison and Sanu okay emergency options. Higgins has essentially not played and likely dropped soon.
    TE: Hooper has doing great, also projecting 100+ catches and 8 TD's.
    K: Tucker his usual self. Baltimore with a weird streak of going for 2 this season though.
    D: streaming has been mostly unrewarding so far
    K

12. bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223 Registered User

Just goes to show that while it's true that you can find QB's anywhere, but if you don't have good QB's, then you can be sunk.

13. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Ask me about my vomit bowl

make that 0-5, LOL

I've never had a season like this before, and I'm a pretty hard luck FF player. My points for is 5th in the league. My points against is most in the league, and 230 points more than the next guy.

It's all just luck

bleedblue1223 likes this.
  14. bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223 Registered User

Yeah, I'm 1-4 and 5th in points in a league, 2nd in points against. Sucks when you do everything right, but you don't get the results.

The guy with McCaffrey has the points points for and against. He had Bell last year and the most points against, but was top 6 in points for. That's bad luck.