OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Discussion in 'Winnipeg Jets' started by bustamente, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant Registered User

I think they know where the gold is. They're just milking it until the network decides to end the show's run. Then they'll miraculously stumble upon it in the series finale. :nod:

2. Whileee

Whileee Registered User

Tend to agree.

If the weather is very cold, I think that's a considerable advantage for the Bombers with their running ability, especially when they bring in Streveler.

GNP and Jets 31 like this.
  3. 10Ducky10

10Ducky10 Registered User

Forecast is +2 with a 22k S wind.

4. bustamente

bustamente Just happy to be here

During the telecast they showed many Calgary players huddled around the heaters, don't remember them showing the Bomber players doing that though when they showed Collaros on the sidelines he looked like he was freezing.

5. JetsCameHome

JetsCameHome Registered User

We dont win that game with Nichols. I seriously hope they dont bring him back next year. This has been a blessing.

Fairview likes this.
  6. None

None Registered User

More of an around the league comment but apparently Arbuckle is 100% gone from the Stamps to pursue a starting job in the offseason.

At least there should be plenty of options available to the Bombers.

Mbraunm likes this.
  7. HighFlyingJets

HighFlyingJets Registered User

Fixed! ;)

YellowheadChiefs likes this.
  8. Eyeseeing

Eyeseeing Oh fer sure Gord Sponsor

Who are they :sarcasm:

9. Mbraunm

Mbraunm Registered User

That sounds great
    There are much better options than Nichols available. It would be awesome to sign a good passing QB next year.

roccerfeller and None like this.
  10. Silver Moose

Silver Moose Registered User

Herbivore
    You, sir, are showing your age.

And you're right, it was.

Jets 31 likes this.
  11. one other person

one other person Tripping thru time and space

You haven’t had a headache until you’ve had a Gimli Goose overindulgence headache

Jets 31 likes this.
  12. antiqueslivers

antiqueslivers Registered User

HEresY!!

kanadalainen likes this.
  13. ManitobaKid

ManitobaKid Registered User

I figured I'd wear my Harris jersey to the game on Sunday.

I then realized my buddy has a Bomber, Dressler Jersey. I'm definitely going to be wearing that at the game on Sunday :laugh:

14. kanadalainen

kanadalainen A pint of dark matter, please.

Bending laws of space and time.
    :laugh:

My Dad used to use a wee dram of Gimli Goose on bare metal, just prior to application of a two-part polyurethane.

15. Holden Caulfield

Holden Caulfield The Eternal Skeptic

Law Enforcement
    Riders fan invading I see.

Riders are a completely lucky team. They literally lucked out to never face a starting QB the entire year. And got more than incredibly lucky that the random player they scrapped off the trash heap happened to be a decent QB. Who is now injured. So now they are down the Colorado School of Mining QB. We'll see how that goes.

Sask is a much better team than I expected. They are very solidly mediocre. Fajardo gave them a much better threat than their offense deserved (they were 9TD, 14INT, injury prone with Collaros). So bully for them. But now their backup option has a torn oblique and they are down to some Div 3 straight out of college rookie. So I don't really fear that offense. The running game is mediocre, the WR are ok but only if the QB can the ball to them. Nothing really to fear there.

Yes I know the Bombers are now technically starting Collaros, but it's a very unique 2 QB system that screws with defenses. One of the things I think that is key from last game is that Streveler never threw a pass. I would not be surprised at all if next game during one of Streveler's drives he throws a 70 yard TD pass. He has shown a knack for hitting deep passes and damn with the defense not be expecting that since Streveler never threw last game at all.

The defense was always just ok. They tried to replace the versatility of Jefferson with the standard DT play of Micah Johnson. Didn't really work. They still have a solid D, but it's just not the turnover machine shutdown version of last year. No real weaknesses but no real strengths. League average.

Special teams is a Bomber win no doubt. Bombers have two punt returners (Grant, Nelson) above top SSK punt returner (Moore) in average return among returners that have more than 10 returns. Bombers kick returners are also far above SSK. Bombers kick cover teams are elite with 2 tacklers in the top 3 in ST tackles, the prevent ST returns.

This game is likely a toss up thanks to Sask having the bye and home field advantage. Everything else marks towards the Bombers. If Fajardo actually plays even at 70% I think it's a toss up. Sask might win out due to home field and resting up from bye. If Fajardo doesn't play I think it's a fairly easy win for the Bombers.

Either way both team are likely to be blown out in final by HAM.

16. GNP

GNP Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!

Realtor
    Very good cold weather game plan by La Po. Although I'm not a fan of the 2 quarterback system, it's what the Bombers have to do right now. You have a QB in Streveler that cannot throw the ball accurately more than 10 yards, and who's a great bull runner. He did not throw a pass against the Stamps ( I believe) ? but he was a great runner. He's always good for 4-5 yards of tough running. Steveler really isn't a QB, but he sure was a good running QB and difference maker in winning. If I was the Bombers, I'd convert him into a fullbacak or linebacker -- he'd be great there.

As for Collaros --he seems to be more accurate on the long throws as shown when he hit Adams. He also made a great deep pass--on the run to hit a receiver the game before, who was just inside the line.When he has to make short passes, and read the defense in the middle of the field -- he often throws it right into the hands of the defenders. I don't see him being a long term answer for the Bombers, as he's not good at reading defenses. Teamed up with Streveler, they seem to compliment each other's deficiencies.

Calgary did not come to play --and I believe Mitchell had only about 53 yards or less of passing in the 1st half. I don't know what was wrong with Mitchell and the Stamps, but it looked like they wanted to get out of the cold, more than they wanted to win a football game. It was mighty cold out there -- ( -10 Celcius) I believe. If the weather is really cold for the Sask game, it will favor the Bombers, but I wouldn't count on an easy win there -- I think it will be a close hard fought game.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    sipowicz likes this.
  17. GNP

Realtor

If I was the Bombers management, I'd really go after this Arbuckle guy. I've been impressed with him from the 1st time I saw him, and everytime after that. He has nice touch and can put the ball right on the money, and hit a guy in full stride as well.

The Bombers really can't go into next season with Streveler as a backup QB -he just doesn't have the talent IMO.

Arbuckle does, and the Bombers should try to sign him, if he's available -- I think he's a winner.

BTW --I'd keep Streveler around for a short yardage QB -- or convert him to a running fullback, because he runs like a bull, and tough to bring down -- he's a real team guy.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  18. GNP

Realtor

Great -- I hope the Rider fans keep mouthing off about how bad and fluky the Bombers were, and I hope that talk gets back to the Bomber players, who will go out of their way, to play with heart and passion and blow away the Riders. Exactly what we need. The deep "will to win" goes a long way in determining the winner.

snowkiddin, Jets 31 and Fairview like this.
  19. Jets 31

Jets 31 Berdin is fricken hilarious Sponsor

I haven't heard wee dram since i was in Scotland a couple of years ago . :laugh: Here have a wee dram of this , i'd be asked by a bartender in a small pub , ya that's not wee , that's huge . :confused: Scotch and i don't mix well . :laugh:

kanadalainen likes this.
  20. kanadalainen

kanadalainen A pint of dark matter, please.

Bending laws of space and time.
    Scotch, in quantities of multiple wee drams, can have one off the cliff singing how-de-do-da-day. :laugh:

Jets 31 likes this.
  21. Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K Houle Yeah!

Strev had an even better game than I thought, or the boxcar stats indicate. The efficiency is through the roof.

The Blue Baron and Jets 31 like this.
  22. Jets 31

Jets 31 Berdin is fricken hilarious Sponsor

He is a very big part of any success we have this season and he doesn't even need to throw a pass to do it . :nod:

ducky likes this.
  23. None

None Registered User

From Ed Tait's game summary

Guardian17 and Jets 31 like this.
  24. Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K Houle Yeah!

I'd love to see the bombers go all in on Strev the way the Ravens went all in on Lamar. Build an entire offense from the ground up for him.

there are some scheme similarities, which I have gone into in the past in this very thread. It took all season, but the TSN commentators finally picked up that the Bombers "zone reads" are usually not read plays, they're designed runs for the QB or RB.

Jets 31 likes this.
  25. mondo3

mondo3 Registered User Sponsor

Does anyone happen to know the length of Grant's contract? Thinking of changing my jersey name plate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.