Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by King'sPawn, Aug 11, 2019.

1. kings11

kings11 Registered User

The draft Gods have giving us back Vilardi, maybe they give us back our top 2 pick!!

Basilisk likes this.
  2. kilowatt

kilowatt Registered User

That’s certainly a positive of what happened last season. The difference between Hughes and Turcotte isn’t huge. It looks to be much the same this year, except that the top five or so players this year will all potentially be game-breaking talents. I think any of the top three (Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond) would have gone first overall last year.

hockeynorth and Basilisk like this.
  3. kilowatt

kilowatt Registered User

So... last in points percentage. Who do we like at 4? Raymond? Drysdale?

4. Mats26

Mats26 Youth Movement

You can make a case that we need any one of the top players in the draft.

With so many holes and even with good recent drafts we pretty much have Kopitar as a true first line player. I won't mind a top 3 winger (Lafreniere of course, then Raymond, Holts or Perfetti) .
    Having a healthy and developing Vilardi by this summer?... will certainly change the forwards outlook along with Kaliyev and Turcotte who will both add some offensive. Alot of middle to bottom 6 forward prospects, we really need to land some high end forwards to play with Kopitar\Turcotte and possibly Vilardi.

On Defense, we have Doughty, Bjornfot, Anderson and Walker. I think we will make a trade or sign a UFA for some established D.

5. AnThGrt

AnThGrt Registered User

Stuzle is who I want if going F and not Lafreniere, Byfield, or Drysdale.

Nice thing is anywhere in the top 5-10 this draft we are getting a top tier/elite piece.

hockeynorth likes this.
  6. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Master Debater Sponsor

7. Statto

Statto Registered User

I’m not worried about if we draft a F or D. Our prospect pool now means that either option would work well for us. We will pick top 5 in all likelihood so as long as we base our pick on the highest ceiling and compete level I’ll be happy.

I have no view on Lafreniere specifically but scorers in the Q make me nervous. It’s a relatively easy league to score in and big numbers in the Q frequently do not translate. Pick any year and look at the list of top scorers and see how few make any meaningful pro impact. It’s scary. Crosby and his compete level are the exception IMO, so big numbers alone wouldn’t excite me with a player from that league.

8. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

Byfirld and Akil Thomas put up 2 points in the Canada/Russia series game last night (different lines)

9. Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus #CONFUSE4HUGHES

It's a great year to be bad.

A guy who is really going nuclear and make some hard decisions at the end is Rossi. My god is he something else. Blake Lizotte on roids.

Rekingsfan17 likes this.
  10. AnThGrt

AnThGrt Registered User

We are going to walk away with a top 10 pick and one of: Lafrienne, Byfield, Raymond, Stutzle, Askarov, Drysdale, Holtz, Perfetti, Lundell, or Rossi and that is sick. Personally have a big preference for one of the first six listed. Stutzle imo is E. Pettersson in this draft. There is a reason one keeps seeing him rise. Been on the bandwagon for sometime though and personally take him at #3. Regardless we will be getting a top-end talent and that will go a long way. Rossi's #s are absurd and if he can keep it up even though like Lundell being close to being a 2019 draftee decent chance he goes quite high. I like Lundell yet my least favorite of the ten listed for the simple fact I do not see the elite/superstar potential. Have little question he will be a solid-great player however.

11. hockeynorth

hockeynorth Registered User

Turcotte will be the best player from this draft

12. hockeynorth

hockeynorth Registered User

I see Byfield + Laf as locks to be first liners, Laf in the mold of a Pastrnak+/Kucherov lite, Byfield in the Eichel/Drasaitl ilk. However, Stutzle to Petterson is so spot on and whoever picks him will be beyond happy with his high skill could act as that game breaking showstopper, while I see Lundell as a Kopitar/Barkov/Bergeron/Point (<-- Point is fav comparison) ice tilter with his two way play. I still say if you really want that BPA though you take Askarov, he will be the next great goalie 100%, and I mean like greater than any goalie this season.

Raymonds not too shabby either lol, should be a good skilled top line winger

13. kingsfan28

kingsfan28 Its A Kingspiracy !

graphic designer
    The real question is , who's NJ going to draft at #1... again? :laugh:

savemefromtears and ru4reals like this.
  14. ru4reals

ru4reals Registered User

Because we really stink this year again, am I the only one who's absolutely ecstatic about this upcoming draft. Serious because for some odd reason even if we don't end up with the 1st overall I'm actually pretty geeked about who we may end up with. Also the U20 World Championships coming up is going to be just epic. We could possibly have like 5 or 6 kids playing if I'm counting correctly. Turcotte, Kaliyev, Bjornfot, Fagemo, Thomas, Kupari, and of course Lafreniere. ;)

15. Mats26

Mats26 Youth Movement

You can add Nousiainen and Dudas. They will get a close look for sure.

16. King'sPawn

Dudas just had an injury Friday. It's questionable if he'll get an invite, based on how soon he'll return.

Pařík will likely get an invite for the Czech Republic, too.

17. AmadiosAmigos

AmadiosAmigos Registered User

Byfield or Laf for me... go have a look at the way Laf drives around defender today and makes a one handed pass out to the slot. The guy is an absolute bull.

Stuzle being a Pettersson comparable would be a nice grab if he can be similar to EP.

Cole Perfetti would be an interesting piece as well. See him as more of a 2nd line guy but he has a great ability to score.

Hoping somehow GM RB can pull off adding another 1st rounder to the mix.

18. kilowatt

kilowatt Registered User

Lafreniere is going to be a really, really special player. He looks like Forsberg out there sometimes.

19. Mats26

Mats26 Youth Movement

Well Dudas was selected to got to selection camp along with Thomas. Hope Aidan heals in time

Rosters

Ghetty Green, LT Dan and King'sPawn like this.
  20. King'sPawn

Yup, I saw that. Hopefully a signal of a quick recovery, as there were many talented/healthy players they could have invited in his stead.

21. ru4reals

ru4reals Registered User

It's Lafraniere then Byfield 1 and 2 for me. Hockey Gods finally gives us a 1st overall I grab one of these boys. After that just try not to draft a bust.

22. kingsfan28

kingsfan28 Its A Kingspiracy !

graphic designer
    I expect us to end up in the bottom 5 in the standing and yet somehow draft in the 7th spot , while Vegas misses the playoffs by 2 points and gets the 3rd overall pick. The draft is rigged!:nod:

23. YP44

YP44 Registered User

Those are my top 2 as well and I am not sure who I would prefer LA to take. I really like Byfield but every ranking has Lafraniere

I am normally 100% against taking a goalie round 1 but Askarov seems like a stud.

ru4reals likes this.
  24. kilowatt

kilowatt Registered User

[​IMG]

25. kingsboy11

kingsboy11 Queens of the World

What I love about this draft is that I'd be happy with anyone in the top 5 or top 10. I personally think its better than last years. Obviously I want Lafraniere or Byfield, but I'd be perfectly content getting Raymond, Lundell, Askarov, or Rossi.

YP44 likes this.