NHL 19 Discussion Thread - Part II

Discussion in 'EA Sports NHL' started by Gardner McKay, Sep 17, 2018.

1. CamPopplestone

CamPopplestone Registered User

Custodian
    Instead of September, I really wish the new NHL dropped in mid June, around the 20th
    It would be cool to play the draft and free Agency stuff before it actually happens in Franchise, see where it ends up compared to reality. Then after free Agency they could just keep doing roster updates for contracts and stuff.

2. Dreakon13

Dreakon13 Registered User

Not really a huge fan of the people in Online Versus who spend the entire game making these hail mary plays like picking corners from the top of the circle, shots and passes from behind the red line that obviously aren't real attempts just kinda praying for a rebound or "physics" to pick up the slack, etc. I mean, I get it if you're down a goal or two and nothing else is working... but as your primary go-to strategy? Hard to blame them when EA makes the random bull**** luck route so appealing.

Also, nice to see all the Blues fans finally picking the game up. Played three people in a row who picked St Louis after basically never playing against one all season. I'm sure they're huge Blues fans, and not just pricks looking for an edge by picking the highly rated Cup champs. Signed, the guy who picks the Sabres no matter how ****ty they are.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    WubbaLubbaDubDub likes this.
  3. Sempiternal

Sempiternal Chelsea Smile

Hockey is hockey, but if you played the game and were an Advanced level player in HUT you would notice a lot of changes. There was a big leap even from NHL 18 to NHL 19.

4. Sempiternal

Most of the game innovation is tailored around EASHL and HUT. It's online these days unless all you want to do is build a team and draft. Playing the CPU is not challenging, other than don't let them get shots because majority of them go in.

5. Sempiternal

I'm sure HUT 19 will take advantage of Free Agency. Seems they are doing all they can this year to make players spend. The amount of 99 cards is ridiculous.

6. CamPopplestone

CamPopplestone Registered User

Custodian
    Yeah. So
    Yeah. So glad I hated HUT the time I tried it, and ignore the mode lol.
    I'm still pissed they won't put connected franchise back in

7. Cor

Cor Ask Me About AEF

AEF
    I tired playing HUT this year, and it's god awful. If you don't buy packs, you're ****ed

For the record, I play Madden's FUT, and it's fun. The offline challenges actually have themes and what not, and aren't the same repetitive "play an entire game intentionally getting penalties so you can a shorthanded goal, and oh, that breakaway goal you just scored doesn't count as a breakaway goal for some reason"

I didn't buy a single pack with my own money and Madden and built up a very good team. Love the idea of being able to quick sell different cards for training points, in order to upgrade other cards overall.

The NHL series doesn't even do HUT right.

8. Beauner

Beauner Registered User

If you played HUT from release, you could easily have a team full of >90 ovr legends right now. Between challenges and rewards packs it's the easiest it's ever been to get a good team

9. Cor

Cor Ask Me About AEF

AEF
    I have played it since release. The point isn't about getting a good team. It's about the mode itself. The challenges suck and are repetitive. The Madden ones are much better. There's stories to them. You aren't playing full games.

In the NHL you need to buy packs or you're behind. It's a true pay to win situation. I have played it since release. I don't play every day, and log in twice a day to get the monthly collectibles to get every monthly legend like you need to. I got roughly every second one. I'd save up for a month, trade them in the next month, and work from there.

Funny enough, they took that away for June, so you can't even do that...

10. tucker3434

tucker3434 HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

So, any way to download an updated, post July 1, roster? I know ea won’t put one out, but I wasn’t sure if there was a way to download rosters from other users.

11. Cor

Cor Ask Me About AEF

AEF
    YOU’D THINK!!!

12. The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy Registered User

Since nobody in the NHL 20 thread answered i'll ask here:

I havent bought a game in years so i'm not even sure what leagues they have anymore in the game but will Kakko who played in the Liiga league last year and Kravtsov who played in the KHL last year be in the game with their names? Or do I have to still wait for the silly rule where they have to play an NHL game first?

13. unknownbrother

unknownbrother Registered User

Kakko should be on the game because he played in a league that EA has the rights to. It's mostly KHL, college and USNDTP guys that won't be on the game until they play in the NHL or AHL.

Matthews and Laine were both on NHL 16 (released before being drafted) and obviously got a ratings bump up when NHL 17 came out.

The Crypto Guy likes this.
  14. n00bxQb

n00bxQb Registered User

AHL requires a waiver to be signed, so it can sometimes take frustratingly long before a player can legally be included.

15. Cor

Cor Ask Me About AEF

AEF
    It took Jeremy Bracco like two years to be put in after going to Kitchener and then the Marlies

16. n00bxQb

n00bxQb Registered User

I believe it was Joel Armia before him that took a year or two to be put back in the game after coming over from Europe.

17. Senz

Senz Registered User

Usually not one to try and get involved in drama, or even try to report/expose someone for that matter. But want this guy to be stopped before he gets away with more free Wins off other people...

Was going into the game, and buddy had 2 controllers, don't even know if you're allowed to play w/ 2 controllers online (I know their is offline couch co-op, I haven't played NHL online in HUT in years)... he wasn't playing for thre first minute, and then my PS4 got an error code, and was booted out of NHL.... lol. And happened to the guy before me, and am talking to him now. Definitely something fishy going on.

Assuming he is going to see how far he can get w/ these 'hacked-win's'... as his team name is 'Div1 LOL'.... Already reported.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated. Beware!!!!

His gamertag is CoRe_Adren

[​IMG]

Thanks

*EDIT:

[​IMG]

Is this isn't proof, then I don't know what is...
    I rest my case.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  18. Fixxer

Fixxer Registered User

On and off