Confirmed with Link: Erik Cernak suspended for two games for hit on Rasmus Dahlin

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Lightning' started by BowDownToVasilevskiy, Nov 26, 2019.

1. AlwaysSunnyInTampa

AlwaysSunnyInTampa LOLZ! This friggin sucks dude!

Wouldn't you like to know
    Seriously... where is that cat?

2. CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash Registered User

Sucks we wont have him for the Blues or Caps game.

Whoshattenkirkshoes likes this.
  3. LoSTRaMaiR

LoSTRaMaiR Registered User

It looks pretty bad. I don't know how I missed both the hit (elbow) and the aftermath (concussed/ injured Dahlin). I thought I remember RP or BE mentioning one of our guys getting elbowed at some point during the game.

Hopefully Cernak learns from this, and hopefully Dahlin has no long term effects from this. Sounds like Buffalo fans got pretty nasty [from reading some of your (HF Tampa) comments, haven't read their GDT or related posts]. If any of you (Buffalo fans) are reading this, hopefully you see that no one here seems to be arguing against the suspension or defending Cernak. Many times people want some kind of retaliation. "They ran our goalie so let's run theirs" kind of thing. If thoughts like that linger longer than a heat of the moment response, you should probably take a break from hockey so you can figure out how to not take things in the game so personally. Yes, we like to include ourselves as fans. We say "we" and "us" and "our team." But wanting a player on your favorite team to intentionally try to injure a player on the other team is pretty irrational. Remember the difference between making someone hurt and injuring someone and remember that intent matters.

4. hypaspazz

hypaspazz Registered User

Sabres fan chiming in..... Both threads have some "nasty" posts, more on the Sabres side for sure. We can all agree that suspension is justified but we are stung by the Sobotka injury in Sweden (I was there and it was at least a penalty) and I watched the Dahlin hit (also a missed penalty). Also, Cernak gets two days off for a concussion hit when spitting is 3? Seems pretty odd when a career can be ended on just 3 concussions. This is what is amplifying the response from the Sabres fans. I doubt things would be so calm here if it were turned around....... but enough making excuses for "my" board.

I hope Cernak learns from this as I hope all NHL players learn from their suspensions. All the players need to make it instinct to not jump off their feet into a hit and not raise arms, hands, sticks when defending against a collision. Take a moment and think about how his parents felt watching that hit. We can strive for better as a sport!

5. Master P

Master P Registered User

Why are you here complaining? There is a thread on the main board for that.

The Macho Man likes this.
  6. Sky04

Sky04 Registered User

Think about his parents watching him on a team as bad as Buffalo.

J T Money and The Macho Man like this.
  7. Byrddog

Byrddog Registered User

Retired
    I do not think Cernak is a dirty player. He is a very physical player that landed a dangerous blow. There is nothing to indicate it was intentional. Take the punishment and move on. He will continue to hit people and will probably get suspended again at some point because **** happens. I like the guys game, I like his grit and his willingness to stand up for the guys on the team.

8. The Macho Man

The Macho Man Lusty Bodychecker

Sabres suck go away.

DaBolts likes this.
  9. BowDownToVasilevskiy

BowDownToVasilevskiy Registered User