FIFA / FM Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by YNWA14, Oct 24, 2017.

1. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student

Here is a good video that better highlights all of the issues.

kingsboy11 and Vasilevskiy like this.
  2. Roman Fell

Roman Fell Rick Ro$$

Did they fix career mode? I started one with a female manager :laugh: but haven't played a game yet

3. bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223 Registered User

They had that problem years ago.

4. OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain Moderator

School
    My game is supposed to come in the mail today, but I got a pre-order code for the demo. Played it last night and absolutely love the game-play. Of course, I expected that to be the case with my latest edition being FIFA 17. Can't wait to get the full game here soon.

5. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Game play is great, it's everything else that is game breaking.

OhCaptainMyCaptain likes this.
  6. OhCaptainMyCaptain

School
    But I feel like a lot of the complaints I have seen are fixable, where the game play is what it is.

7. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    They are fixable but the question is when do they fix them? Also its partly just the merit of it for me, why release a game with that many problems in the single player mode? They got to be more on top of things.

Sticking to FM20 this year instead.

8. OhCaptainMyCaptain

School
    That's very fair. I can't argue with that. I am just excited to finally upgrade from FIFA 17 haha. But considering the negative responses they have gotten, I'm guessing they'll have it fixed in a relatively reasonable amount of time.

9. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Yeah fair enough, it will be a big upgrade on that.

10. bleedblue1223

I think the problem is for single-players, the lifespan of the game only has 1 year, so how long should players wait until they can actually enjoy career mode, and then for how long will they be able to enjoy it. If Ultimate Team was a broken mess, they would have a fix out immediately. I love quality career modes, but I think they may have finally broken me to not buy sports games anymore. I just don't enjoy online modes as much as I used to when I had more time to play.

11. phisherman

phisherman Registered User

They will fix career mode once they figure out how to monetize it the same way they do with FUT.

robertmac43 and bleedblue1223 like this.
  12. bleedblue1223

$1 for every career mode transfer. You have to pay a tax on every sale you make.

robertmac43 likes this.
  13. bleedblue1223

Every club has 0 transfer budget, you have to spend FIFA coins to increase it. Career Mode would suddenly become the greatest thing ever.

14. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Go with FM and Franchise Hockey Manager. FHM does not even release yearly, someone just updates the player data base.

15. bleedblue1223

I do at times. That and fantasy sports leagues gives me my fix.

robertmac43 likes this.
  16. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Agreed. If i want to just play the sports game for fun or with a friend, I'm more than happy to not have updated rosters at this point.

bleedblue1223 likes this.
  17. GabeTravels

GabeTravels Born & Bred In Maine Sponsor

Loving this year's game...

I play primarily FUT but never buy anything.

18. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Is the gameply enhancements worth the price of updating? I play primarily offline so I will not be buying for full price this year and will entirely skip if they don't fix career mode.

19. GabeTravels

GabeTravels Born & Bred In Maine Sponsor

The game's certainly better than last year. Pace is fixed so defenders don't magically catch up to strikers, ball control is better. Free kicks are completely new and I like the new system, but it takes a while to get used to.

I've gotten every FIFA since 2009, and it's one of the bigger jumps in my opinion.

20. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Wow thats high praise. I like the sound of that, as soon as career mode can be played and have a slice of realism in it ill be more persuaded to pick up the game

21. kingsboy11

kingsboy11 Queens of the World

There's apparently a glitch after the first season in career mode where the Champions League and Europa League just never happens again. I've never seen career mode this broken before.

22. SJSharks39

SJSharks39 Registered User

It’s the only reason I haven’t gotten the game yet.

23. Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon Dybalascibar

I haven’t had any glitches so far. I’m in my 2nd season. Just made Europa with Racing club. Honestly i really like this fifa

24. The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park Registered User

Yeah I’ve played a ton of FUT, basically only squad battles and I’m really enjoying it. They’ve done a really good job of making it enjoyable for people who don’t want to play online. Or in my case suck and don’t want to get smacked consistently :laugh:

25. HoseEmDown

HoseEmDown Registered User

Was going to make a long post about my career mode so far but I'll make it a little smaller because it's over already. I usually pick a league two club and take them to the premier league, messed around with Stevenage and Plymouth at first. I ended up picking Bury in league one instead since they were kicked out of the EFL, have no players and nobody seems to want to buy them, they currently aren't a club but are still in the game. They have generic kits and are a 1/2 star rated team with all generated players, most are crap but a few decent potential kids, who are rated 60 or below and only 20 players. The goal was to be an all youth team so I took my meager transfer budget and bought a 1/1 and a 2/1 scout and sent them to Ireland and Northern Ireland, figured a poor UK club would only scout there and the UK and have bad scouts. I won the preseason tournament against mostly teams from Ireland so I took that money and bought a 2/2 and sent him to Scotland. Didn't get any superstar players but signed almost everyone since I only got one or two reports a month and needed bodies.

So for year one I needed to avoid relegation, get 85% attendance, scout two defenders, make the round of 32 in the FA cup, a long term youth one, and to get a profit of 11M which wasn't happening. Was in the relegation zone most of the year but with training a few of the kids Bury already had improved enough to get me to just avoid relegation. By year two the squad was half prospects and half Bury kids. The goal was mid table finish and the usual stuff, nothing major. Since I wasn't buying any players nor signing free agents I used my improved transfer budget, plus some sales of crap Bury players to get a 4/4 scout and dumped the 1/1. The team was much better from the start with the training and prospect growth that we were in the playoffs. We beat Southend and then Peterborough to make it to the Championship.

For the championship the goal was avoid relegation, sign some prospects, season ticket holder stuff, FA cup 32 like usual and keep salary growth under 20%. Won the preseason tournament and had a bigger budget due to being promoted that I got me a 5/5 scout. So by now I was getting some pretty good players and still had 3 or 4 Bury guys left who were trained up. Ending up finishing mid table and hit my other targets. The team was looking extremely well set for the future with good scouts, money from player sales of youth prospects who couldn't cut it and not making any signings. Had some kids who were exciting prospects, a bunch of showing potential and two potential to be special. Was looking really good and was going to push for promotion to the premier league in my 4th season. To start the year I had my Bury kids needing new contracts as they were expiring in 12 months. They had went from 60 or below to over 70 now and had been making less than $700 a week. So the first one I tried to delegate but it said the offer was too low so I went to negotiate myself. Went through it all till the end but it didn't give me a salary they wanted so I went 5k 50k bonus, it was accepted. Next kid 4k 40k accepted, so I see if I can go even lower 3k 30k accepted, nice got a good deal on him. Email comes telling me I've been terminated because I paid too much to the 5k guy compared to the other two, are you serious! So that's the end of Bury, took a job with Burton but not sure I want to make that climb again.

bleedblue1223 likes this.