Post-Game Talk: Judge Driedger sentenced NSH to the first shutout of his career, a 3-0 win for the Cats!

Discussion in 'Florida Panthers' started by Beezer, Nov 30, 2019.

?

What Happens First?

1. Panthers Goal?

8.0%
  2. Preds Goal?

24.0%
  3. Panthers PP?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Preds PP?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Big Check By Either Team?

4.0%
  6. Great Save By Driedger?

12.0%
  7. Great Save By Saros?

16.0%
  8. Huberdeau Strokes His Stash?

28.0%
  9. Fight?

8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucanthanzalthetruth

ucanthanzalthetruth #CatsMightBeComing

That or SJS on the 2nd of a b2b

2. PantherboyHTR

PantherboyHTR An Old School Cat

SJS will also be on the 2nd of a B2B that game, playing at 7 in Carolina Saturday, then 5 in Florida Sunday.

3. austropanther

austropanther Registered User

Well, a rebound does not equal a goal. The way the D was playing last night, they would have easily cleaned up the front of the net, so logically 100% SO also for Bob...:D

4. Pumaconcolorcoryi

Pumaconcolorcoryi Livin on a Prayer

No. But give credit where credit is due.

Not every rebound was cleared by a defender. Let's get that right

Notice the one where Nash shot it and Dreidg kicked it with a purpose so that it missed The Nashville player that was wide open (Johannson?)

And that Forsberg shot in the slot, he gloved it far away from any player.

We cant say what Bob would or would not have done, but we can only judge him on what he has done. Its 100% fine to doubt his performance.

I am not exposed and BabyBarkov like this.
  5. vendetta

vendetta #CatsAreComing

Or
    One of the point shots thru traffic that bob wouldn’t have had because he was screened and our aweful d doesn’t clear the net. I have no doubts bob would have given up two goals that game and maybe were trailing 2-1 instead of up 1-0 and the game is completely different. All I know is I’ve seen this team play d like that for long stretches and the puck was still in our net. Everybody here knows it

6. vendetta

vendetta #CatsAreComing

You don’t get a sub.890 save percentage by having one weakness. He’s been bad all around this year. The d has tightened up considerably since game 1 and he still allows 4 goals. This shouldn’t even be discussed anymore. It’s blatant and obvious at this point

I am not exposed likes this.
  7. Sticksandsun

Sticksandsun Registered User

You can count on 1 hand the amount of times Florida has played defence like that this year. It's crazy if you think Florida has consistently played like that and it's just Bob letting them down.

pantherbot, Kellyr and austropanther like this.
  8. austropanther

I so much agree with you... I thought I'd never write this on a board but: don't you see the "yada yada" that is going on of all the haters and know-it-alls? Pathetic (not you).

Everybody says it was by far the best performance of the D throughout the whole season, and still: Bob of course would have had absolutely NO CHANCE to get this SO against NSH! Of course, he would have f***ed up somehow...

Btw, in any case some of the haters have forgotten: Bob already has a SO this season, and doing it without the big D support. Come back when Driedger really gets tested and records his next SO

9. austropanther

Oh don't get me wrong, I give Driedger plenty of credit and I absolutely doubt Bob's performance so far. I'm just as critical that with a 10-million-dollars salary and 2 Vezinas, you have to bring more than you have so far to earn your keep!

But there is doubting and there is doubting.

I don't get how you guys can be so sure that he would have screwed up to give up at least 1 goal, especially when he never had as much support throughout 60 minutes as Driedger did. All the saves Driedger made, Bob could have made (Bob always managed to put himself in a position to make a safe, as did Driedger last game). If there ever was an NHL game that you could make the assumption that the backup would have managed a SO as well, it would be our last one

10. BabyBarkov

BabyBarkov Registered User

Home Page:
    But but but our D is atrocious, and they had brain-farts all night making them actually play good hockey... That's the only reason we had a shutout... Team-play !

But but but when we get 5 goals scored on us, the only reason is that atrocious D.

Funny lol

Still haven't seen the game, and don't think I'll be able to...

But win 3-0 "our team was so great, what an effort", win 6-5 "what an horrible team with bad D"...

I've seen the game against Washington, 3-2... Some would say it was a bad game only because we lost... But we lost that game because of one thing, and that's why Dredd got his start !

People denying our own coach's words (one of the winningest in hockey btw) and choices just can't admit our D hasn't been as bad as they're saying...

Am I one of Bob's biggest fan around here, and I don't have as much excuses for him as some around here !

Like I said, call a cat, a cat !

There is a real reason why Q went with Driedger after the Caps game, and there is a reason why he is going back with him tomorrow... And it isn't about sending a message or trying to give a spark to our whole team play, it is about performance and only performance !

I do believe Bob will turn it around and be amazing, I really do.

But so far, he has been one of the worst in the league IMO.

Edit: BTW I do think we need to be more physical and assertive defensively as a team... I just don't get how it is so hard for people to admit that Bob has been a problem so far.

11. Pumaconcolorcoryi

Pumaconcolorcoryi Livin on a Prayer

It was Detroit. And Detroit did nothing.

Sure? No. Not at all. But I stand by what I said. Ill judge him on his performance thus far. And he has allowed soft goals that were 100% not related to defense. Bad shots going etc.

As I said in another thread.

Games we won because of goaltending (as in stealing a game) - None. Nashville game didn't change that.

Games we won in spite of goaltending - Many. Too many.

Games we lost because of goaltending - At least 5 already.

I cannot think of a game where our team won because we out "goaltended" the other team. And that is on both Bob and Monty. And until Bob performs to standard, he does not get the benefit of a doubt. We cannot expect our defense to be as stout as it was against Nashville. Zero teams in the league can do that every game. Every team at some point has to rely on their goaltending to bail them out at some point during the game. It just hasn't happened for us. Yes they have made amazing saves. But one amazing save does not make up for one awful goal.

And no, you can look through all my posts. I haven't praised our defense at all. They can definitely be better. But the games we lost because of defense is less than the games we lost because of goaltending.

12. austropanther

Appreciate your post, makes sense. And I agree that none of our goalies have stolen a game for us yet - maybe Monty 1. We are allowed to expect that from a superstar goalie.

My first point is that comparing Driedger to Bob doesn't make any sense - yet. The DET and NSH don't serve that purpose at all. As critical as all are on Bob, they should be as critical of Driedger who has never been tested at the NHL level.

My second point is that I still have not seen Bob having a clear brain fart or our D being consistently good defensively. Both needs to be taken into account while looking at Bob's performance in a game of inches. He does not get a free pass though.

13. WaitingForThatCab

WaitingForThatCab Registered User

Slight change of subject here, but I thought Saros played well in that game. After watching the highlights, he was better than I thought. He robbed our shooters several times. Nashville really looked dead on the ice in the third period and he kept it kind of respectable.

14. vendetta

vendetta #CatsAreComing

The team has played like that for stretches I said. A period. Or two. And the puck still went In. So it doesn’t matter

15. JonathanHuberdoh

JonathanHuberdoh Sacrilicious

Home Page:
    Lmao trot around on your high horse all you want but bottom line is Bob has sucked for the majority of this year.

Even Q recognizes it. You're telling me you all have a better eye and judgement than Joel Quenneville?!

That's just sad, or is pathetic a better word?

BabyBarkov and klabob like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.