Ranking the NHL's GMs

Rating:
3.125/5,
  1. SoCalFan

SoCalFan Registered User Sponsor

this is BS. Stan continues to bring in new talent, but Q refused to play them. Q loves these washed up vets b/c "trust" and it's sickening. Stan evolves, Q is stuck in 2013.

2. Dont Toews Me Bro

Dont Toews Me Bro Registered User

Bowman hasn't evolved at all. He keeps bringing back the same players over and over again to disastrous results. It is he who is stuck in the past.

3. Dont Toews Me Bro

Dont Toews Me Bro Registered User

On 2nd thought I don't know why Bowman is ahead of Tallon. Bowman only has his job because of the guys Tallon put in place. Bowman has proven countless times he can't build a team and he would be on the breadlines if it weren't for the pillars Tallon put in. Bowman has been coasting off of that for almost 10 years but it won't last much longer which is why Bowman must go man.

JoeThorntonsRooster likes this.
  4. SoCalFan

SoCalFan Registered User Sponsor

cuz those are the only players Q will play! Kempny was healthy scratched by Q until his confidence was shot, Daley wanted out, Teuvo got shuffled more than a deck of cards. hell, even Toews' line has been a hodgepodge of rotating players. you think that's all Stan? get real. Q would play Rozsival's skeleton for the next decade if he could. Stan's brought in all these new faces and they never work out with the Hawks, but they sure as hell take off with other teams. That's on Q.

5. ClydeLee

ClydeLee Registered User

Okay more foolishness. I dont know why people also ignore Tallon didnt build all people seem to think he built when Mike Smith and Bob Pullford did that work there.

Theres few gms, just Poile, holland, and Wilson that are gms responsible for the start of their roster make up. And for many it wasnt just the 1 gm before them.

6. Kelly

Kelly It was 4-1.

See below.
    :facepalm:

Here is like a full transcript on the presser, or you can just watch it yourself. Seems like what John says backs up what we've been saying, Dubas was a big part of landing Tavares and should be given some credit for it. Just complete bogus not too and truthfully rewriting what a lot of people had said pre-Tavares2Leafs on here like;
    "there isn't any chance he was coming"

"he won't care that it was his childhood dream anymore"

Seriously, looking through the threads pre July 1, and now is just so hilarious. I don't know why people are scared to give Dubas credit. He went to the meetings and hit it out of the park, wasn't the sole reason John signed here, but it was definitely a big part of it. You should take JT's words of it.

John Tavares on the Toronto Maple Leafs' pitch: "Kyle [Dubas] - It was amazing how he kind of carried himself and delivered his message and vision on why I would be a good fit here as a hockey player" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

I do agree putting Dubas on a top GM list is just way too premature. I have no doubt he's going to be a great GM but it's still wayy too early.

But for sure, it's already one HUGE checkmark beside his name for landing JT - there really isn't any supporting argument against this.

7. Kelly

Kelly It was 4-1.

What? That fact that you're literally spewing the opposite of what words came out of JT's mouth?

You don't say..

Honestly, watch the press conference before you run your mouth about something you clearly have no idea about.

8. The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier NHL FAN

What's he supposed to say? These are standard cliches athletes use when they sign. They love the city, they love the direction of the team, they love the organization, they like Mgt. This is nothing earth shattering is it? Having an athlete admit their childhood dream to play in their hometown should never be used as a means in this thread of ranking best GM's.

9. Kelly

Kelly It was 4-1.

Yes, kinda like a GM being a huge part of landing a free agent. Standard.

Seriously can't believe this is being argued.

10. The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier NHL FAN

lol, In this thread? Best GM's have a body of work. Actual improvements that can be measured. Strange this would be used as an example of best GM.

11. Kelly

Kelly It was 4-1.

:facepalm:

How about you actually read my post before you quote it.