Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Le Tricolore, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Ajacied

Ajacied Stay strong Appie! ❤

Just came back from watching Ajax U19 vs Sparta U19. Ajax won 3-1.
    • Devyn Rensch was excellent. Showed his offensive skills with nice rushes and even saved a goal with a fantastic slide when it was 2-1.
    • Musampa, his partner at CB, again had a strong game as well. Even scored the 3-1 on a nice header.
    • Sontje Hansen was great. He and Unuvar started every attack. Hansen was a bit unlucky in his finishing.
    • Joshua Pynadath (USA) came with a minute or twenty to go and he made a heck of an impression. Very opportunistic player. Dribbles fast, nice control and a nice technique. He can be a bit more efficient using it, but I like what I saw. Kid has potential.
    • Naci Unuvar was freaking ridiculous. Had two or three absolute beauty passes with the outside of his foot. It's beginning to be his signature. Dribbled his way out of crowded situations effortlessly. Scored a sweet goal and added in an assist. Kid has already outgrown this competition despite being nearly 4 years younger than most. Here is his goal:

Pavel Buchnevich likes this.
  2. Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich AV AND GORTON OUT

Student
    What I've heard about this guy is that he lacks speed and is very weak. I haven't gotten to see him play yet, but I hear very mixed reviews on him. He always looks good in highlights and every review I've seen says he's a talented player. He's not highly rated by the US Soccer Federation, which isn't saying much, but usually a player at Ajax would be more of a fixture in his age group. Pynadath is routinely one of these kids that gets called to a youth national team camp once or twice a year, and isn't called back for the big tournaments.

A brief comment on a player at PSV. Richie Ledezma put in a dominating performance for Jong PSV yesterday. 2 goals, 1 assist, and all of them were outstanding plays. I think he needs to be a little more consistent, but I suspect he's going to find his way into the first team this season. I'm a big fan of this kid. Very talented attacking midfielder, but he's missed a lot of time in the last year due to injury and his consistency is a problem. He definitely has big talent though.

3. Ajacied

He definitely does not lack pace. His first steps are rapid, in fact, but physically he has some steps to take. I am looking forward seeing more of him, but there's a lot of talent at AM and W in the academy, so he needs to grab every opportunity he gets. I doubt he'll sniff Ajax I someday, but his first impression was a good one (never watched him perform live).

Yeah, he scored two sweet goals yesterday. He was rather invisible in his first four games, but I was surprised how well he played. Just in time as well, as his contract runs out after this season, if I am not mistaken. Don't see him reaching PSV I, though, but I only watched him in games vs Ajax or highlights.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Pavel Buchnevich likes this.
  4. Pavel Buchnevich

Student
    I'd usually defer to you on players playing in Netherlands, but I've seen him play enough to think he's talented enough to reach PSV's first team. His inconsistency might hold him back once he gets to the first team, but I think he's good enough to get to the first team. They are also paying him a pretty big salary. I think the reason his contract expires at the end of the season is due to the salary differences for non-EU players once they reach age 20. Don't quote me on the exact rule, but thats what I've seen. I don't suspect it's because they want to let his contract run down. He only signed in January, and I don't think they are bringing him in on a non-EU salary for only a 1 and a half year contract. That wouldn't make any sense.

Ajacied likes this.
  5. John Pedro

John Pedro #JackHughes

Same age group as Reinier but nowhere close the same hype. Can play as a winger or striker, great height at his age at 1,86cm. Fast, strong, and great dribbling.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  6. John Pedro

John Pedro #JackHughes

Probably gonna see them together again in the u17 world cup next month. Let's see if Vasco will allow him to play, though as he's become a starter for them and they need all the help they could get.
    [​IMG]

7. YNWA14

YNWA14 Onbreekbaar

Jonathan David with another goal this weekend. He is the most productive teenager in the top 10 leagues of Europe at the moment (5 goals, 2 assists in 6 games) he's tied with Sancho (2 goals, 5 assists in 4 games) but I guess they ranked David higher because of more goals. Still, pretty impressive. For reference at 19 Osimhen had 20 goals and 4 assists across 36 games last season for Charleroi in the same league and currently sits at 5 goals in 5 games for Lille.

8. cgf

cgf FireBednarsSuccessor

Browbeaten Bookkeeper
    Have any of y'all watched Ajax II enough to have a strong opinion about Kühn and how he's been progressing since the transfer?

9. Ajacied

I watch him plenty.

Kuhn is mentioned in my prospect list.

He has high upside (83), but the chance of realizing his upside right now is quite low (D). Mostly because Ajax wants him to develop into a RW, much like Ziyech is right now, and he struggles to perform on a consistent night there. He just doesn't have the one on one skills. His main qualities are finishing in and outside the box (deadly low and accurate shot) and his technique; best suited at ST, #10 or a false 9. But the Ajax school wants you to understand multiple positions and you can tell he's not always comfortable there. With strikers Lassina Traoré (#1 Ajax II), Danilo (#2 Ajax II) and also Brobbey (#1 Ajax U19) coming up, it kind of leaves Kühn with no choice but to either focus on a different position or to let Ajax loan him out. I do expect Traoré to join Ajax I shortly to replace Dolberg, so there should be opportunities this season.

I watched Kühn play Oranje U19 just recently. Immediately looked more dangerous there than he has for Ajax. Scored the winner, too.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    cgf likes this.
  10. cgf

cgf FireBednarsSuccessor

Browbeaten Bookkeeper
    That match & your discussion of Ajax made me curious...and yeah, planting him out wide is the least effective use of his skillset. He's been really crafty in tight spaces for the NTs he's been a part of and he's quick, but his pure pace isn't that special and he's much more dangerous in those tighter space down the middle, than he is delivering balls from the wide areas.

In hindsight, biding his time in Salzberg while waiting for Nagelsmann to takeover RB may have turned out to have been the better move for his career. Hopefully Ajax finds him a good loan if he's not allowed to take on a more central role when Traore gets promoted.

Ajacied likes this.
  11. AB13

AB13 Registered User

Bukayo Saka is a very special player, just dominated Frankfurt completely, creating so many chances and scoring a goal, along with 2 assists. Just turned 18 only 2 weeks ago. Lovely to see other Hale End graduates play very well too, especially Willock.

12. ecemleafs

ecemleafs Registered User

frimpong made his debut today for celtic in the cup. he was MOTM in a 5-0 celtic win. he has apparently been really impressive in training.

Ajacied likes this.
  13. Pavel Buchnevich

Student
    Moukoko has 15 goals in 7 league games. They can't possibly have him play more than another season in the U-19's. He's going to be a first team player at 16. I would probably wait until he turns 16 in November 2020 rather than making him play two U-19 seasons, but we'll wait to see what the hierarchy decide.

14. phisherman

phisherman Registered User

Flores is Mexican/Canadian.

15. John Pedro

John Pedro #JackHughes

16. Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon Dybalascibar

I told you keep an eye out for him :) he looks promising.

John Pedro likes this.
  17. John Pedro

John Pedro #JackHughes

Heinze, Velez's coach, also very promising. Could be the next Gallardo.

18. Duchene2MacKinnon

Yup its impressive what he's doing with Velez.

John Pedro likes this.
  19. Cassano

Cassano nyeah eh

Software Engineer

AB13 likes this.
  20. Ajacied

EC U19 qualifiers continued yesterday. Zirkzee had another goal + assist. Redan also added in 2 goals and 2 assists. Redan now contributes on the stats sheet once every 33 minutes this entire season.

21. John Pedro

John Pedro #JackHughes

22. Duchene2MacKinnon

That’s a funny looking Argentinian!

23. JimboA

JimboA Registered User

The Guardian’s annual list (2002 borns). Any omissions? Anyone you particularly like? I recognized only six players, so I’m gonna have step my game up...

Next Generation 2019: 60 of the best young talents in world football

The only trivia I have (and considering this is a hockey forum) is that Tim Prica is a cousin of Leafs prospect Pierre Engvall.

24. Duchene2MacKinnon

Zeballos should be on that list rather easily.

25. phisherman

phisherman Registered User