Sony PS4 #11: Black Friday Price Cut?

Discussion in 'Geek Emporium' started by Nizdizzle, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Do Make Say Think

Do Make Say Think & Yet & Yet

Better off saving that $200 and putting it towards a PS5 since backwards compatibility is essentially guaranteed.

2. Pilky01

Pilky01 Registered User

Not hockey
    Why pay $200 when you can pay $700?

[​IMG]

3. Do Make Say Think

I mean the base PS4 (which is what this bundle is) is starting to struggle with games and I don't expect that to get any better. The PS5 will allow people to play the PS4 games they missed out on. Seems like a much better deal for any enthusiast who may have $200 to spare/saved up: just way a year and save up more.

If the goal is to be as cheap as possible, then yeah, sure.

4. aleshemsky83

aleshemsky83 Registered User

The PS4 has all their 1st party titles going for 20-30 bucks (and sometimes 10 bucks with Bloodborne and ratchet and Clank), and plenty of libraries have their games in stock. The dollar savings will not even be close when the ps5 is out

Edit: true about backwards compatibility forgot about that,, if it's all day one then that's a decision,

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  5. syz

syz [1, 5, 6, 14]

Yea, the half-step consoles this generation do make it kinda weird to get in "late", I guess. Tough the first party stuff will probably still run fine on a base PS4... or I would at least hope so.

6. HawksFan74

HawksFan74 Tread Lightly

It's good for someone that does not care about the next console or one after that.

7. aleshemsky83

Now theres Sony patents for propietary SSD cartridges, unless there is genuine secret sauce to what they're doing, I dont know what they would be thinking emulating the vita.

Sony's Cartridge Patent May Describe Custom SSD for the PlayStation 5 | Digital Trends

bambamcam4ever likes this.
  8. aleshemsky83

I was thinking of getting persona dancing in the moonlight cause I kind of like rhythm games, played the demo, holy smokes it's ridiculously hard.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  9. aleshemsky83

The mini bosses in sekiro are harder than the bosses in dark souls.

10. DJ Spinoza

DJ Spinoza Registered User

Not sure where this belongs and the small, non-hypocritical part of me winces at plugging Amazon, but I just noticed some decent deals are seemingly being matched by Amazon right now. Nothing show-stopping, but I just picked up Nioh for $10, Yakuza Kiwami 2 Steelbook for $15, and noticed a few others, notably God for War for $10 and Catherine: Full Body for $30. I think RE2 is around $25.

Edit: In part, this seems to be the case because the various retailers are already honoring some or all of their deals. I saw something that the Walmart bundles are already live, and Best Buy has a bunch of deals live.

I just picked up NieR Automata for $20. Going to have to go to a Best Buy to physically pick it up, but that's not a problem for me since I'm visiting the family. The ones in Philadelphia are hard for me to access without a car.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  11. syz

syz [1, 5, 6, 14]

There hasn't been jack for physical sales in Canada yet and if Amazon ever decides to discount anything here they'll probably hide it behind prime anyways.

12. aleshemsky83

Its funny, Starlink is $10 at Best buy and is regularly, but I always hesitate because it comes with toys. It actually subtracts from getting the game for me. I might pick it up anyways tomorrow, I reserved it, I'll see how I feel.

13. aleshemsky83

Man Lady Butterfly is so hard for me I barely beat her with 8 healing potions pretty decent way through the game. Can't believe she's basically the first boss in the game.
    Yeah, I think God of war was $10 bucks at best Buy, but you can guess how long it stayed in stock. Other than that, nothing. Picked it up for $20 bucks few weeks ago, fine price.

14. Ceremony

Ceremony ______________

Home Page:
    I recently put my PS4 in rest mode for the first time. Since I did, the default option when you go to Power is to enter rest mode, and I can't change it back to power off. Is there a way to do this?

15. TJ21

TJ21 Survive Jimbocalypse

Some decent black friday sales on the PS store. Picked up God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fifa 20, and Far Cry 5 for 84 bucks total.

16. Tomas Tatahhh

Tomas Tatahhh Devil's Advocate

EBGames is having some decent sales.

17. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    My goal is to get God of War, Spiderman, Days Gone, and the Uncharted collection this week and then be done with buying games for a long while. Meaning when the PS5 drops.

Also Titanfall 2 is the main PS Plus game this month, I have never played it but have always thought about it.

18. Commander Clueless

Commander Clueless Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.

I'm sure it's been said a lot before, but Titanfall 2 has a great campaign to blast through.

19. Dolemite

Dolemite The one...the only... Sponsor

Home Page:
    Found this today.

20. aleshemsky83

Its late but all PS greatest hits games are 9.99 canadian at best buy. I just hate the boxes though (and have already played most of them on loan) so I never bought them.

21. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    I am really debating on the PS4 Gold Headset. For majority of time I don't really need it, but there are some days I tend to play late that they would be perfect to have.

99 bucks seems like a lot normally, but they're on sale for around 70ish which seems good. However, it seems that there is a common complaint that the headset is cheaply made based upon the reviews, mates what do you have to say about it?

22. Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt Busey is life

I had the last gen one. The headband snapped (the main complaint with this set) after about three years so not horrible I guess. Sound was OK...bass was a little boomy but decent enough. On screen battery level was nice. They were comfy for sure.

I got it for about $70 CDN. It was a pretty good set for the price. Still use it (with the headset taped up) as my backup set. I use a TB Stealth 600 now.

23. Forgotusername

Forgotusername Registered User

Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade to PS4 pro. EB games has it for a rade in for $179. I have a gift that will bring it down for me to around $50. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger.

24. Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie Registered User

25. Do Make Say Think

My recommendation is just keep saving and get a PS5, they are coming next year and will be backwards compatible. The jump in power from the Pro to the PS5 should be considerable.

Simply upgrading from a base to a Pro now doesn't make much sense since the Pro is already struggling with games (less so than the base models of course).

Forgotusername likes this.