Zach Bogosian

Discussion in 'Winnipeg Jets' started by ihadtochangethename, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ps241

ps241 Registered User Sponsor

From a point production perspective Zach has always been a little streaky and I don't think that is that unusual. Either way he is back on pace for about 35 points in 82 games which is pretty good considering how often he produces at even strength. He had one bad season and that seemed to have more to do with luck than anything else. I have always been a fan of his and continue to be.

2. garret9

garret9 AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Home Page:
    The person that said Enstrom-Bogosian have started taking 2nd toughs instead of first like normal are correct.
    It's tough to see the impact of usage but we often miss it.

Note:
    I do think a lot of it is Bogosian's personal and on-ice shooting percentages returning back to career norms after being pretty low last year, and playing with Enstrom, and taking easier assignments... But I also think part is just Bogosian playing well.

3. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd You kids get off my lawn! Sponsor

Funny about that moving the feet thing. It seems it is the issue with just about every underperforming or suddenly performing player. How many times I wonder has the average NHL rookie been told that by his coaches since the age of 6? Quite a few I would bet. :laugh: :)

4. Jet

Jet I love our scrubs!

I know when I'm not playing well it's mainly due to low energy or lack of confidence. The direct result of both of those things? Not moving your feet.

5. Carl33

Carl33 Registered User

Injuried players come back....zach played 16 min without PP / PK ice time, finish -1.....trouba played 23 min finish -3...

not the way to keep Zach confidence he earn earlyer in junuary...

played 9 min against dallas, does he get hurt?

6. Gump Hasek

Gump Hasek Spleen Merchant

He took some dumb penalties that night and was benched. He owned up to them though and appeared to have handled it well.

7. Bob E

Bob E Registered User

Noticing some different d pairings later in the Flames game. Trouba was out with Buff and Bogo at times.

I think they are struggling with how to get the top 4 of Toby, Troubs, Buff and Bogo their minutes and experimenting when the score is a bit out of reach.

I'm not sure why they split up the Toby/Bogo, Stu/Trouba, Chiarot/Buff pairings.

Said it was for Toby, so he got his ice. Well, last I checked, he was getting lots of ice along with Bogo. It's more about getting Troubs or Buff their ice. Heck, Toby could go every 2nd shift as LDman, and play close to 30 mins if you're worried about his ice.

I think we see the pairings changed soon, and maybe a RH dman playing the left side. My guess is that is Bogo or Buff to play alongside Troubs.

8. tacogeoff

tacogeoff Registered User

would like to see stu or trouba playing the LS with bogo. Bogo has been looking pretty shaky since the break and needs a physical dman who can read the play to be there to offer him support and coverage to get his confidence back up. jmo from watching every game since the break.

9. Howard Chuck

Howard Chuck HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

It seems to me that we are constantly discussing who Bogo 'needs'. If he 'needs' a certain partner to make him a decent Dman, maybe we should be looking at other options i.e. trading him.

I'd prefer someone who makes his partner better, not vice versa.

10. DarthMonty

DarthMonty Makin' saves

That's a really good post, Puck. I've been watching hockey since there were only six NHL teams, and played competitively until I was 15/16 as defence, and I have a heck of a time sometimes judging just how well a D is playing.

11. Aavco Cup

Aavco Cup "I can make you cry in this room"

Stuart sat in the bench for a bit (almost 8 minutes) after the 4th goal (2 on 1) Was he being sent a message? Or was Maurice hoping to generate more offence? Experimenting with RH shots playing LD?

12. Whileee

Whileee Registered User

I wondered about that, too.

My first reaction was that it was to try to generate some offense and get back into the game, but I was hoping that it was either to send a message or an attempt to try to find some combos that would mean that he could maximize the usage of his best defensemen.

Personally, I'd like them to try something like this....

Enstrom-Bogo
    Buff-Trouba
    Chiarot-Postma